Oneness

If light hits every point on a mirror why is the image only flipped right/left? - Mondo

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Dad's demise

Well, it's happened. I'm now an orphan. For those of you whose parents are not a part of your life, I now understand your pain and emptyness. I wasn't close to my father (noone ever was), but we had an "understanding". Or, as my son so deftly put it, we "agree to disagree."

What puzzled me for many years is why he pointed me towards enlightenment yet seemed to be afraid to take that journey himself. Finally I came to the conclusion that he was afraid of losing his sense of self, his ego. That part of the human biological machine that constantly tells you that you're separate and, thus, basically alone.

Now that he's made that transition, I know that he understands how all things are one thing. We are never truly alone or separate. It's just the paradigm we create; like a play we've agreed to act in and the part we signed up to play.

LOL. Have fun playing cards with Mom and Pud. I'll see you as soon as I'm done here.