Oneness

If light hits every point on a mirror why is the image only flipped right/left? - Mondo

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Swan song

May 13th:

For those of you that don't know what a "swan song" is, it's the last thing you hear from something that's dying. In this case the reference is to Freebird. Mike has decided to stop hosting the Monday night jams sessions!

I have spoken to him about it and pointed out that we're just now, finally getting professional musicians coming by to sit in. After all, the whole idea was to keep Sparks Music in people's minds. Whether that's for instruments, lessons or any number of things that musicians need (including someplace to jam). Making music at a music store is a natural extension of what they're all about. After all, they love music and the people that make it!

Although these things are all good reasons to stay open late, none of them balance out that 1) it costs them money to do this, 2) it's not generating any additional income for the store, and 3) both he and Bill are just about dead tired by the end of the day. Also, he has many responsibilities at home that need his attention (just as every parent/spouse knows). We all understand that family has got to come first or nothing else matters.

So, for my part, I'm going to see what else develops. I've gotten to know other musicians as a result of my association with Sparks Music these few years and it may be time for me to "test my wings." Perhaps there's a Blues band out there that needs someone to pedal on the root notes for them. Hey, I suck less than I used to. Right?

I will still be around the store and encourage all of you to continue to stop by for your musical necessities and, by all means, keep telling your family and friends about Sparks Music. Remember: if they don't make it, we all lose out!

Who knows... an impromptu jam session could spontaneously errupt at any time!

See you around,